Saturday, May 30, 2009

proverbs 13

I was going to write about just one verse, but the whole chapter is so good. Here are just a few verses that jump out at me:

Proverbs 13:1 (ESV)
1 A wise son hears his father’s instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.

Proverbs 13:3 (ESV)
3 Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.

Proverbs 13:13 (ESV)
13 Whoever despises the word brings destruction on himself, but he who reveres the commandment will be rewarded.


Proverbs 13:20 (ESV)
20 Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.

These are all so huge for me in my life right now. Sometimes it can be so hard to do what's right, but ultimately what's wise is best. I hope one day I can have real wisdom, but my dad used to say it won't happen until I'm 35... that's the legal age of wisdom. (According to Article II of the Constitution anyway... haha)

1 comment:

  1. You are very wise now. I wish I were as wise when I was your age.

    ReplyDelete