Sunday, May 3, 2009

he is coming soon

I probably shouldn't be up this late on a Sunday night.. but... what's it really matter? I can't go to sleep right now because I have to keep listening to this song over and over. It's called The Saints by Josh Wilson. Listen to it HERE. In the bridge of this song it says,

He is coming soon, He is coming soon, He will take his bride he will make her new. He is coming soon, He is coming soon, to carry us home.

The powerfulness of those lines cannot be explained. When I hear that I can't help but just raise my hands and jump up and down. As Christians that is our entire hope. That is all we can look to in this world, because if those lines are not true our entire faith is stupid. If it is true, though, I can't help but hate myself for all the things I've put above that hope. Every day is an opportunity to live out that hope, and I need to do a better job.

Go listen to the song.

2 comments:

  1. Have you met Josh? If you haven't, I am more than willing to arrange that for you. You would really enjoy sitting down for a chat with him. I'm so blessed to have had the opportunity to travel with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for commenting. I have gotten to meet him! My student pastor took me with him to a camp he was preaching at and Josh was the worship leader that week, so we got to hang out all week. He's a great guy. Tell him "CANTEEEEEEEN!" next time you see him!

    ReplyDelete