Sunday, April 5, 2009

the importance of seeking wisdom

As a senior in high school with lots of responsibility, it's very easy for me to start thinking that I know everything there is to know about life. I've experienced a lot of life, and even completed my first ever cross-country road trip this past week.

Sadly, though, the life I've experienced is still very limited life compared to actually being in the real world. I have a feeling that when I look back on my current life 5 years from now, my struggles will seem very small and easy. Despite knowing all of that, I still struggle with lots of decisions every day.

Thankfully, even though a lot of my friends would call me a know-it-all, I know that I really DON'T know it all. Tonight I had a long talk with my dad about stuff I've been going through, and I'm extremely blessed to have a dad who is wise and wants to share his wisdom with me when I ask. I hope to be a dad like that too, and also always be open to the wisdom of those who have been where I want to be one day.

Typically bloggers would leave a Bible verse here to re-iterate what they had said, but I'm just going to put Proverbs and Ecclesiastes... just read the whole book!

2 comments:

  1. You know Nate, at 27 and having been out there in the real and "having fun" I tell this to people all the time, young people especially oh they can't wait to be legal drinking age blah blah blah, you know it's really not all it's cracked up to be, I've been on both sides of the "real world" and I have to say that my experience in God's world is the best by far, when I was in the "real world" as people call it it was nothing but headaches and heartbreaks, and hangovers, but when God really opens your eyes, and let's you experience the world from His point of view, it's trully amazing! I wouldn't trade what I have right now for anything in this world. I'm glad that you have a father that will fill you with wisdom as well, unfortunately my dad and I kinda have a void in that dept. That's where my heavenly father comes into play, and I leave it all to Him. In Christ.

    ReplyDelete