Saturday, April 25, 2009

here's to the night

Tomorrow night is prom. For whatever sappy reason I've been listening to the song Here's to the Night by Eve 6 ALL day. I've probably gotten on a lot of people's nerves (more than usual) by singing it constantly. The chorus and melody of that song really make me sad. Knowing that TOMORROW is my senior prom absolutely blows my mind.

The thing is, I really don't even like dances. It's not like I've been waiting for the magic that exists in prom all my life or anything; it's the fact that my life really is going by and I can't stop it. In less than one month my high school life will be over FOREVER! There have been so many awesome things happen in high school, and all of that is about to just go away. I've known some of these people my whole life, and I'm just leaving them all in just a few months.

I guess in the end what makes the reality of that alright with me is the fact that I'm without regrets. Sure there are TONS and I really mean TONS of things I would change, but I'm ultimately without regrets of anything that's happened.

So tomorrow's one of the final milestones in this portion of my life, and all I can say is I'm looking forward to getting drunk and having sex for the first time... just kidding. In all seriousness, some people can't wait to be done, but I really am kind of bummed. I'm sure my parents are happy though, because I've been a lot nicer to them lately.

3 comments:

  1. Eddie - I can always count on you for a tear in the eye - shock factor and laugh all in the same blog post!! Very proud of you!! Praying you have an awesome time tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh natedog tonight is going to be so much fun! and i've been singing here's to the night with you so i'm sure i have been just as annoying to people! great blog. you are the man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael MorefieldApril 25, 2009 at 5:18 PM

    Here's to tonight man you only get one senior prom, or if you were lucky to get asked your junior yr lol well nm that's a whole diff breed of animal I made some mistakes that I'm not proud of in my high school days, but thank God, I've seen my ways and been forgiven of that. Go and be the example that I know you'll be, and the main thing is HAVE FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete