Saturday, February 14, 2009

tribute to a good friend, ethan smith

Today Ethan qualified for the state wrestling tournament. This has been one of his goals since he was a freshman, and today it became a reality. Right before his final match started, I had one of the weirdest sensations I've ever felt. It was like all of a sudden all of the experiences I've shared with Ethan were running through my brain. I know that sounds like a very stereotypical thing to say, but it seriously happened. I remembered being a sophomore and driving down to Sycamore to watch him in the regional tournament then, and thought about all that's happened in both of our lives since then. We've had so many conversations about so many different things, and I felt like I relived them all in a span of about 3 seconds today.

He ended the match by actually breaking the other guy's ankle.. that's not exactly how I imagined him qualifying for the state tournament, haha but it makes for a cool story. Today Ethan accomplished a goal he's had for a long time, and he deserves it. He works harder than anyone I know, and I'm very proud of him.

1 comment:

  1. I was just reading this again, Thanks buddy

    ReplyDelete