Tuesday, January 6, 2009

the second semester begins

I began my final semester of high school this morning. Typically during the second semester you just continue the same schedule you had during the first semester, but apparently that's not what guidance intended for me to do today. I got to my 1st period class and the teacher told me I wasn't on his roll. He said it wasn't a big deal and that he was sure "they" would work everything out, so I didn't think anything of it.

I continued through my day until I got to 3rd period Government class. As he called roll I noticed that he went through the E's alphabetically without saying my name, so I obviously raised my hand at the end and told him that he didn't call my name. He then proceeded to tell me that I was on his 1st period roll, and that I should be aiding for the library during 3rd period. I must say, it's kind of embarrassing to be in a class of 30 kids and then be asked to leave.

So somehow or another I'm now sitting in the library, and let's be honest... it's pretty exciting. The whole dewy decimal thing is a little over exaggerated I think, but other than that everything seems to be functioning pretty well in the library world.

The good news is in my normal schedule that I was following today, I have aiding 2nd period. So now that I'm in the library 3rd period I've gotten to experience life with two whole hours of doing nothing in school. It's actually pretty awesome. I'm wondering if I had not gone to guidance to correct this whole problem if they would have ever even noticed that I was missing. I mean I could have just continued to slip through the cracks of the school system for the entire second semester with two aiding periods and very little work.

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment