Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the oc bike riders

Tonight after Pray 08 these guys came into the church wearing biking gear. It was initially a little strange to say the least, but I got to talking to them and apparently they are riding their bikes all the way across the country trying to raise money for a life guariding program in Nicaragua. Not your typical charity but kind of cool.

So we were talking and I asked them when they needed to be home from the biking expedition, and they said by November so they could vote. That lead to me asking them where they were from and who they were voting for. It turns out they're from California, and like most Californians they are voting for Obama. It was during this conversation I learned that they are actually from Orange County, California... also known as The O.C.

As many of you know, I'm a huge fan of the soap opera "The O.C." (which I know is a little weird seeing as I'm a 17 year old male... anyway) I was extremely excited when I learned they were from the REAL O.C.

Pretty cool thing. Hopefully they'll get on here and comment their website and blog so we can follow them on their quest to safen the waters by providing life guards and flotation devices for all those who are incapable of swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment