Wednesday, August 27, 2008

block dude

It's been a long time since I've blogged, but I must be honest I've been struggling with the purpose behind blogging a little bit. You'd think a world renown blogger like myself would be completely sold on the whole concept of blogging, but that's not exactly the case. That could be a whole post in and of itself though, so I'm just going to go on with the original thought that caused me to write this..

The past few weeks at school I've been using my calculator a lot because of pre-calculus (typically referred to as "pre-cal"..). Since I've been taking my calculator along with me on my journey through Rossview so often lately I've grown somewhat close to it. I haven't named it or anything because originally I thought that would be really lame, but the idea is growing on me. Anyway so I've been carrying my calculator with me a lot.

So when you go to the blue button on the calculator labeled "APPS" you get to see all the applications your calculator contains. It's pretty common to have a Finance application and some problem solving programs and a variety of other arithmetic calculating functions.. so when I turned there I wasn't surprised to see any of that. I was, however, extremely disappointed that Mirage 05 had been deleted. Mirage 05 is this game system that you can put on your calculator, featuring Avalanche and Falldown. Avalanche and Falldown used to be my favorite games and I owned the high score for a very long time, but when I went to play them I realized they'd been deleted. So as I was going through this very depressed stage of my day, I realized there was this application called "Puzz Pack". I was intrigued so I clicked on it and saw this program labeled "Block Dude."

That's when it began. The last two weeks I've done absolutely nothing at school but play that game. Basically there is this dude trapped in this calculator simulated world and he has to try and escape by walking into this door. The only problem is that someone keeps rearranging all of his blocks in really weird ways to make this task very difficult for our friend, so you have to control him as he re-rearranges the blocks so he can make it to the door; this is why he has been dubbed "Block Dude" I assume. While I love playing the game, I think the real question behind the game is not how to get to the door, but who the person is that keeps re-arranging the blocks. Who is it that is constantly torturing Block Dude? That is the real question..

On a more serious note, I've advanced to Level 9 and I'm now convinced that it's impossible to beat. No one I've talked to at school has made it past Level 9, although there are two others who have advanced that far. If there is anyone out there who knows how to beat Level 9, I'd love to hear from you. I've been playing it for the last 4 days and have made absolutely no progress.

Welcome back to the blogging world Nate Dog.. you were missed.

2 comments:

  1. If you still need help let me know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha level 9 is cake all u gotta do is go left first (before you do anything) and if u had trouble on level 9 just wait till level 11 that one took me a while by I got it eventualy. Just keep trying and think of the posibilities before you move.

    ReplyDelete