Wednesday, July 16, 2008

lightening bug moment

On Wednesday nights my parents have small group, so I stay at home on those nights and typically play video games. I'm a fan of games like NCAA Football, Madden, 2Kx sports games, Zelda, Super Mario, Mega Man, etc. My favorite game of all time, however, is Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. I actually love that game so much I'll probably give it a post all to its own eventually.

Anyway you can only play video games for so long before you become extremely bored... that happened to me tonight. I had nothing to do so I decided to waste some gas and go drive around on some country roads. I love getting out on the road where there isn't very much traffic to just drive and think. Very cool. So as I was on my way to Henrietta, Tennessee (birthplace of Pat Head Summit) a pretty rare and significant occurrence occurred (which is what occurrences tend to do...) A lightening bug splattered onto my windshield.

My first thought was "so what, I haven't washed my truck since August...", but then I realized the awesomeness of this moment. When a lightening bug hits your windshield the lightening bug guts continue glowing. If you've never seen that happen before you're missing it out because it looks really awesome.

Anyway, that was a cool moment in my life today. Probably not life-altering, although I'm sure I could make a lame illustration out of it if I wanted to. Like, "if we read the Bible, it's Light will direct us away from windshields... metaphorically speaking of course..." But I'd rather just enjoy the moment for the moment itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment