Saturday, June 7, 2008

asg

At bigstuf I also spent lots of time thinking about ASG stuff.

In April I was elected Associated Student Government (ASG) president.. or student body president. This has been something I've wanted to do since I was a 6th grader, so it's really cool to have fulfilled that dream.

The last 3 years I served as VP for the class of 2009, so I was involved with ASG but pretty limited as far as making an impact is concerned.

So the past 3 years I've been pretty dissapointed with a few things and so I used those things kind of as my platform to run for President. My problem was I felt like student council didn't do enough. The majority of the school didn't/doesn't even know what ASG is. When asked what ASG does, there's really not much to say because in all honesty, I feel like ASG didn't really do anything aside from set up for 2 dances each year.

So as president I want to make ASG involved- but also excellent. So here's the outline for the year and the plan on how I'm going to go about doing that. I wanted to find a way to make this public, and this is the best way I know how to do that right now. This is a brief overview of the entire plan, so if you want a more detailed guide or have any questions, email me at nathanieledmondson@yahoo.com

Here it is:


Theme: Go Public- opposite of going private.

-in order to “Go Public” you have to have a product that others will buy into; we want others to INVEST in what we're doing.


Vision: Make Rossview stick out publicly as the best school.

The environment as a whole will be better if people feel like Rossview is

A: Their School
B: Something to be proud of


Goals and Systems:

1. Improve Productions:
-Creative Team
-Evaluate


2. Promote Clubs:
-Spotlight club of the week in morning announcements
-Set up club stations around school


3. Implement Activities
-Publicize school
-Have big events sponsored by ASG

2 Dominant Factors:

1. Engaging

2. Memorable

In everything we do we have to first make sure it is engaging and will be something they remember. The systems need to stick.


I could probably give a 60 minute lecture on all of that if you need me to. Email me with questions. Again sorry for length.. this will not be a habbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment